looking for old stators and rotor fitting the 79-82 cb 650

If it's broken or just needs tweaked

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

TPE_35089

looking for old stators and rotor fitting the 79-82 cb 650

Postby TPE_35089 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:57 am

hello all. I am Tim i own TPE (tim Parrott Enterprises) I am a rebuilder of the stators , rotors , starters fitting the cb650 's . As well as many other morcycles and ATV. Most are priced less than $90. I am running short on cores and looking to see if any of members may have some bad ones laying around they like to get rid of. I pay cash or credit for rebuilt items. I have been rebuilding thes parts for over 23 years . I offer a very good service at a fair price with a 1 year warranty. If you have any parts or even questions with a charging problem feel free to contact me . I offer $20 to 25 for each rebuildable rotor core. and $15 for stators and i pay the shipping . Easy way to turn junk in to cash. I don't sale after market rotors or stators so i require OEM LD119 parts to be able to stock for my customers . So i am turning to the best place i can think of looking for cores . The owners of the bikes .. thanks for your time. Tim tim@tpe-usa.com

Volker_P

Re: looking for old stators and rotor fitting the 79-82 cb 650

Postby Volker_P » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:13 am

Welcome here! :D
That's a quite unusual post, but no bad idea as even damaged parts get rare with time.
BTW, you find some feedback on your service at this thread here:
http://www.hondacb650.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=642
Looks like your technical quality and pricing is fine and no point to any discussion. Nevertheless there seem to be communication issues that produced unnecessary annoyance of costumers. I think it was clarified in this forum (and now it is more or less an advertisement for good quality work), but elsewhere things may easily turn out to disadvantage for your business.
Whatever, it is fine that someone cares for these old bikes and their problems with work of good quality and price. Do you also rebuild starter relais?
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

soos

Postby soos » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:01 am

AWESOME!!

Somewhere to unload fixable used parts taking up floor space!!!

l8r
-=≡ Soos ≡=-

jpage

Postby jpage » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:11 pm

DOH!
i got so frustrated with my failed rotor that once i got a new one i threw it in the garbage.
wish i would have kept it.

Folsoml

Re: looking for old stators and rotor fitting the 79-82 cb 6

Postby Folsoml » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:24 pm

I've just shipped my rotor to Tim to be rebuilt. I'll keep you posted on the results.
Have a problem with your CB650? Have a technical question? Click here!

My Current Bikes: 2005 HD FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2007 Yamaha Vino,

Folsoml

Postby Folsoml » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:46 am

Here is my review of the service at Tim Parrott Enterprises:

I'll say in advance that my overall experience was positive. The rotor was rebuilt as promised in a reasonable amount of time. The repair seems to have fixed the issue I was having with the charging system. The price was certainly reasonable--I shipped my rotor to him and for $90 he rebuilt it and shipped it back to me.

My only complaint would be the lack of communication. My rebuild was purchased on Ebay. The auction instructed me to email Tim to let him know the rotor was being shipped so he could plan accordingly. I did so and, although he did not specify that he would respond, I kind of expected some kind of acknowledgement. There was none. After a few days with no information, I wanted to phone them for an update. The auction gave the name "Tiffany" as the contact person who could answer any questions, but gave no contact information for her. I googled the business name and found their website, which provided two contact numbers. I called both and left messages. After a week or so with no return calls or emails, I tried again. This time Tim answered one of the numbers. He said my rotor was nearly done, and he expected to ship it the following day. Within the next day or so, I got an automated email from Ebay saying my package had been marked as shipped. It arrived a few days later. It was securely packaged. The rotor looked good (tested 4.8 Ohms across the slip rings), and seems to be working great.

Again: I am overall satisfied with my experience with Tim Parrott. If you want your rotor rebuilt for a reasonable price, I highly recommend his business.
Have a problem with your CB650? Have a technical question? Click here!

My Current Bikes: 2005 HD FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2007 Yamaha Vino,

Volker_P

Postby Volker_P » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:49 am

Thanks for this up to date comment.
So communication seems still one of the weaknesses, nevertheless they obviously still spend their time doing good work for the money.
This is finally what you really expect.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

kstylian

Postby kstylian » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:13 am

FYI, I had the same issue with trying to contact Tim via the numbers listed on his website. I did send him an e-mail (listed on his site as well) regarding his service and procedures. He responded within a few hours and subsequent e-mail's were answered just as fast......overall, no issues communicating with him via e-mail.

Rotor was received by Tim on Monday July 23rd, hopefully will be getting it back next week.

-Cheers

kstylian

Postby kstylian » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:10 pm

Here's an update regarding the service I received from Tim Parrott.

Tim received my rotor on July 23rd (Monday). He said he would have it back out the door in a few days. The following week I sent him an e-mail asking how progress was going. Heard nothing. Waited another week and sent another follow-up e-mail and he responded “it should have been there by now, I’ll look into it”. A couple days went past and heard nothing. Sent another e-mail to which he responded “you should receive by Sat, if not Monday. It was an oversight on my part”. Well Monday came and again no rotor. Sent another e-mail that Wednesday saying that If I don’t receive by that coming Saturday, then I have no option other than to file a complaint through PayPal. Guess what, no rotor by Saturday. Finally called his number non-stop that following Monday hoping someone would pick up. Eventually Tim did pick up and said he sent it to the wrong address. How he did this I don’t know as I e-mailed him my shipping address twice and included it in the box with my rotor. He said he’d pull another one off the shelf and sent it the following day to the correct address. Well, finally it came this past Saturday, August 25th……a month later. Take this for what’s it worth.

The rotor does look fantastic, but it was not worth the effort and headache. I should have bought a rebuilt rotor for a few more $’s from another vendor and been back on the road sooner and a few less gray hairs.

Return to “Technical Discussion”