Air cutoff help...

If it's broken or just needs tweaked

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Totaled108

Re: Air cutoff help...

Postby Totaled108 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:57 pm

Update...

Have a few hundred miles on the tooth pick 'upgrade' and all is well.

There was a low growling sound at idle, which turned out to be mostly just the clutch I put in 1200 miles ago.

I had originally syncd up the carb 1000 or so miles ago, and after the tooth picks everything got much better, save for the odd rattle at idle.

Well yesterday I synced them up again and everything is smoother and quieter! I'm loving it more everyday!

It only makes sense, I changed a port for vacuum, air, to go throw, it's bound to change the tune of the carbs.

Cheers!

Rocket Man

Postby Rocket Man » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:11 am

How are those tooth picks holding up?

Totaled108

Postby Totaled108 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:49 pm

Two popped out and I'm guessing burnt up a while ago, so simply replaced them and press the new ones in harder. After about 2000 more miles I pulled the air box boots backa enough to sneak some light in and check them. All four still in place and the bike is running well. Use it daily for commuting duties, 35 miles a day avarageing 55mph.

Just finished replacing all the oil pump o rings today, hopefully the very slow leak will be fully stopped my doing this. :).

Also replaced the clutch cable, it was getting really stiff, now feels smooth as butter.

Happy so far with the old girl. :)

Return to “Technical Discussion”