dead cylinder

If it's broken or just needs tweaked

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

cb650 bobber

dead cylinder

Postby cb650 bobber » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:58 pm

i have a dead cylinder #1 it has a spark it has fuel it has compression not sure how much lost my gauge what do yall think (thats right YALL im from texas) jk any help would be great thanks

aaronmagneeto

Re: dead cylinder

Postby aaronmagneeto » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:33 pm

What makes you so sure you are getting fuel into that cylinder? why do you think its dead?

Volker_P

Postby Volker_P » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:41 am

My first try would be to swap plug and cable with #4 and see whether the problem moves to #4 then. Easy and effective check.
For compression, turn the engine by hand with a 24mm socket on the right crankshaft side. You should feel four equal compressions during two turns. If one feels considerably weaker, this probably is your problem. Only a tight valve, if you are lucky. If the engine stood for longer, sticking rings might affect this test.
If ignition and compression seem all right after that tests, check the carbs. First try to drain fuel from #1 carb bowl. If you get fuel, remove the the floater bowl to have a look for dirt.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

cb650 bobber

Postby cb650 bobber » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:13 am

im sure its getting fuel sparkplug gets fouled with gas, all other cylinders get hot after a test ride except for that one

cb650 bobber

Postby cb650 bobber » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:24 pm

your right im luckey it was just a dirty carb im cleaning it and will put on later thanks yall

Return to “Technical Discussion”