front brake light switch

If it's broken or just needs tweaked

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Aussie

front brake light switch

Postby Aussie » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:27 am

Hi Guys and gals, not been here for a while now. bought a cb650 SC nighthawk 1982. I have a front brake light switch but no wires. Got spare wires but where the hell do they plug into. No where I can see to plug them into the red 9 pin block connector in headlight bowl or do they go into the speedo unit. Totally stumped. Can anyone help out. Cheers. Aussie

Volker_P

Re: front brake light switch

Postby Volker_P » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:58 am

Something seems missing here, let's try to clarify.
According to the wiring diagram you should have a green/white (12V from fuse box) and a green/yellow cable that share the common red plug connector to the handlebar right side stuff as front brake switch, starter button and engine kill switch.
Or from the other direction: There should be two free short cables with flat connectors at the switch box that plug on the brake lever switch. As you have the brake lever switch and the cables should be right next to it I suspect they are missing or cut off. Do you have these cable ends? The other ends of these cables should be in the red plug, too. There the green/white and green/yellow cables should go to.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

GeorgeSweety

Postby GeorgeSweety » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:01 pm

Hi Aussie, any chance of pictures? I love Nighthawks, the SOHC ones that is :wink:

Aussie

Postby Aussie » Sat May 01, 2021 12:52 pm

Volker_P wrote:Something seems missing here, let's try to clarify.
According to the wiring diagram you should have a green/white (12V from fuse box) and a green/yellow cable that share the common red plug connector to the handlebar right side stuff as front brake switch, starter button and engine kill switch.
Or from the other direction: There should be two free short cables with flat connectors at the switch box that plug on the brake lever switch. As you have the brake lever switch and the cables should be right next to it I suspect they are missing or cut off. Do you have these cable ends? The other ends of these cables should be in the red plug, too. There the green/white and green/yellow cables should go to.

I have not the cables to the switch. I shall check the red connector block.
Sorry for the absence . happens sometimes Thanks Volker

Aussie

Postby Aussie » Sat May 01, 2021 12:56 pm

GeorgeSweety wrote:Hi Aussie, any chance of pictures? I love Nighthawks, the SOHC ones that is :wink:

I'll get some pics up on here soon

Return to “Technical Discussion”