'81 cb650c , all four carbs overflow out the throats

If it's broken or just needs tweaked

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

thehammer

Re: '81 cb650c , all four carbs overflow out the throats

Postby thehammer » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:56 pm

I came across this thread from a google search and I had to register and reply! My boss bought an 82 cb650 and had one of his other employees rebuild the carbs. Then the aformentioned employee quit and the boss brought the bike to me . . . (my boss owns 3 prescision tune auto care's). I just tried to start it today and It also spews gas from the throats..

I went through the carbs myself and I think I cleaned all the passageways pretty well. I will double check all the jet sizes, and test the needle and seat.

there are no vacuum tees in between 1-2 and 3-4, only small sections of vacuum line connecting the carbs. I will also see what happens when I run 1 line from each carb to the airbox region.

thanks for the good thread

Volker_P

Postby Volker_P » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:42 am

Welcome here! :D
Hope you get it fixed and won't get sacked like your unsuccessful mate before! :lol:
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

thehammer

Postby thehammer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:59 pm

well that seemed to do the trick. the bike idles and it doesn't spew gas from the carbs.

I used a rubber stopper from the hardware store. drilled a T in it and worked it on there. once it was running I doused the fittings with carb spray and it had no effect.

the idle is high, and there is a misfire in either cylinders 1 or 2. I'll save it maybe for another thread.

Return to “Technical Discussion”