problem with #4 piston

If it's broken or just needs tweaked

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

06wajess

problem with #4 piston

Postby 06wajess » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:16 pm

About a week ago I had my bike running decently... i felt all 4 headers right off the motor where the pistons are and they were hot which i figured was normal. now just today the 4th header coming off the 4th piston is a little cooler then the rest. any ideas?

Buber

Re: problem with #4 piston

Postby Buber » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:09 am

That is a truly VAGUE description. Well, it appears that it doesn't fire like others do. Did you had a look at the spark plug?

Volker_P

Postby Volker_P » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:41 am

Yes, first compare #4 with #1 spark plug. First whether it is same type and heat number and spark gap. If #4 is black or significantly darker than #1 this might be a hint to a compression or ignition problem. If it is brighter, it might be too lean which means a carb problem or bypass air. That's just coarse remote diagnostics of course.
If you did ride in rain just before you found out the difference, check your ignition cables and caps.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

06wajess

Postby 06wajess » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:54 pm

the problem was the spark plug lol. I replaced it and it seems to be working now. it was just an easy fix my bad but thanks!

Buber

Postby Buber » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:31 am

Hey, glad you fixed it, that's what counts :D
Although, next time, do try to give more precise description of the problem.. :wink:

Return to “Technical Discussion”