Ebay rotor rebuild service Tim Parrott

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

JasonLester

Ebay rotor rebuild service Tim Parrott

Postby JasonLester » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:07 am

Just an FYI I purchase the service from this guy on Ebay. After 40 days I have heard from the guy exactly 1 time. The guy asked for the tracking number for my rotor core I had sent him 3 weeks earlier. This was only after repeated attempts to contact him. I also made the mistake of purchasing the R/R from him at the same time. Fortunately 5 weeks after purchase It finaly arived.

I've been patient and tried to give this guy every opertunity to do what he said he'd do. I had hoped the guy would be a good source for this board for getting rotors rebuilt seeing how eventualy your gonna have to do it if you haven't already.

But he has aparently desided to keep my money and not return my core. So other than the Ebay and Paypal disputes I am out all the money and worse yet my core. :x :x

So beware of this guy. I will not recomend him. Any to the guy who asked me over PM for the guys name. I hope you had better service from him. And if you didn't use him...DON'T!!!

Ok I am done venting...

I just hate for anyone else to get ripped off. If its against board rules to post this go ahead and delete it. but if not please pass the word on as much as possible to keep our fellow CB650 owners from getting ripped off.

JasonLester

Re: Ebay rotor rebuild service Tim Parrott

Postby JasonLester » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:01 pm

Ok an update on my rotor situation. Unfortunatly I was running out of time for filling a dispute with this guy so I finaly went ahead and filled it. I realy hated to do that but he left me no option. That was a week or two ago. So geuss what showed up today. My rebuilt regulator.

This thing looks brand new. Measure at 4.2 ohms and seems realy nicely done. Dang it I hate it!!!! Here this guy seems to do great work but is very lacking on his comunications and organization aparently. Had he just been upfront and honest with me letting me know what was going on I wouldn't even have worried about the wait.

I'm just thankfull I got my rotor (well a rebuilt one) back to be honest. I thought I had lost it forever.

So just beware of this guy. Even though I eventualy got my items I cannot recomend him because of his lack of communications.

Thanks for letting me rant. Take care.
(Now I gotto get it all back together and go for some COLD rides.)

arcangel

Postby arcangel » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Glad to here you got it, finding a replacement might have been a pain
and $$$.
A>
<A

JasonLester

Postby JasonLester » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:36 pm

yeah no kidding. I was getting worried. Like I said the thing looks new. I just wish hed communicate better so everyone could have had a good place to go for the fix.

JasonLester

Postby JasonLester » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:44 pm

Ok one more update to let you all know.

After filling the dispute he replied and advised me he had been sick and short handed. Plus the part had been shipped to the wrong costomer and he shipped the part to me and had it to me in a couple days (according to the dates on the messages)

I had never filled a dispute before so I didn't check the messages on paypal. Ebay doesn't notify you when they update the dispute. Which is weird.

Like I said before the parts ended up being great and work perfectly. If the guy impoves his communications he could still be a good source. So beware and use your own judgement if you decide to use this guy. In the end he came through but he sure could have made it easier by sending me an email or two.

Take care.
Jason

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:59 pm

Thanks for the input but I would still be weary.

JasonLester

Postby JasonLester » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:31 am

Maxx wrote:Thanks for the input but I would still be weary.

Yep!!!

arcangel

Postby arcangel » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:12 pm

Aint that just like it, Find some one that can do a great job repairing your broken parts , and they have other issues. and can't communicate their problems.
Definitively Makes it hard to trust them.
crap it might be 2 months or even 3 to get your parts I for sure don't want to Wait that long for my parts.
Ok well Id for the carburetor parts and I never have got any more parts from them I drive 15 miles out of my way to get them. and don't have to give them any thing tell the parts come in can't beat that the other place would want a credit card # or cash in advance just to order a 3 dollar part.
So I now have a new dealer I deal with.
A>
<A

tidd650
Site Admin

Postby tidd650 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:23 am

*sigh* I must have missed this before I sent two rotors off to him. After reading this tonight I am a bit worried. I sent the two in and he has gotten back with me a couple of times. The first time was prior to my using the service, I sent a picture of one of the rotors for this pre-sales inspection. The second time was a "where is this" email since I had a tracking number but USPS does not show the part moving. It does make me glad that I did not next day air my parts to him. He did send me an email back saying that 1/2 the shop was out with the flu.

I do hope these parts show up soon, as I have only ridden about 20 miles on the one bike since I purchased it. (zero on the second bike)

buzz

Postby buzz » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:03 pm

he's got this website:

http://www.tpe-usa.com/

he seems to work at the speed of molasses, but jasonlester says he does good work.
you might want to see what he'll charge for a rush job.
boy, is his staff sick a lot.

tidd650
Site Admin

Postby tidd650 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:07 pm

Just an update:

USPS is reporting that the shipment is now on the way as of September 24, 2009, 3:28 pm EST.

I may have simply driven him to the point of insanity with my email messages. I dug up his home phone number from the domain registration, and that was my next step. (Still no resolution on the full voicemail).

I offered my programming assistance to create a status tracker that would update his clients, but he ignored my offer. It's too bad, because I am sure the parts will be perfect. It's that feeling that you paid somebody and then shipped away your cores and not receiving timely updates.

If these work as well as others have reported I will most likely recommend him. However, with the expectation that it will take up to 16 business days not 3-4 days (not including shipping). Again, like others, I don't mind the wait. I do however, mind the being kept in the dark.

In retrospect, I should have sent one core to him and another to the other provider I found on ebay. At least then I would have another service to compare against.

Now I wait for the postal service :)

Happy riding!

tidd650
Site Admin

Postby tidd650 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:59 pm

Follow up. The rotors came, they look amazing, and seem to work great.
I only have one of the two bikes running so, I am simply guessing on the second rotor. In any case... IF you want a great rebuild service for under $100 and you are willing to wait a up to a month for the work to be done. I highly recommend Tim's service. Great work, but slow on communication. Like another poster said, the shop is prone to illness.

In the end, it's honest work from a person who fully intends to deliver.

Volker_P

Postby Volker_P » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:05 am

Good that this could be clarified.
Although I see mostly the shop responsible due to its very poor communication.
But still much better than lots of emails and calls about sending back defective parts several times.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

TPE_35089

Postby TPE_35089 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:51 pm

[color=#FF0040]I am truly sorry for the [color=#0000BF]lack of communication with some of these customers felt they got. I answered over 7,000 emails this year to date . . Between builing the parts, tracking down people who ship in parts with no info, tracking down cores and getting people to return the due cores. I have a 20 hour a day job. I am so involved is everything. I get in a hole where i can't do everything. I have had to pick what i can get done or work on.
So we plan to have Tiffany set up to to handle it this way. tiffany@tpe-usa.com She checks in all incoming packages . So when buying a service or shipping in a part. If you e-mail Tiffany and say shipping out my part with your info. please let me know when you recieve it and when you ship it out. she will do so .. also any questions on shipping you parts she can handle . That frees me up some . I got over whelmed with incoming questions and work it got hard to do both.Build the persons part or answer all the questions on when they will get there parts. The building are 200 feet apart . There is nothing i can do about the past ..i can only work on the future and getting things running more smoothly ..like with communication.
what the customer can do to help..
There is a few things a person can do to aid us when shipping there parts in.
one is e-mail all you info like shipped from and return to address as well as a picture of the part when damaged or aftermarket. These parts take longer to do. We can then get a more detailed time frame on the parts when we recieve more info .

When a person buys a rebuild service .. ship the part to be rebuild in a day or 2 if possible. If they can't email the date you plan to ship to Tiffany . If you wait say 3 weeks to send it. We may be working on other orders and can' t get to your part right then.

don't ship parcal post.. it can take forever to get here if at all . you may get up set because it has been 2 weeks and you don't have you rotor back ..however we have not recieved it on only had it a day or two.

when using e-bay. Ebay can be hard to keep up with. Say a person order a rebuild service on there wifes/girl friend's account. The invoice is auto printed her name/ address listed on her e-bay account. Then put in the incoming work bin/list. Once the parts gets here if from a different name with no way to link them together. That caused a delay .

If the box is shipped form a business or package store. Please make sure you have enclosed your info with the parts . So we know if it is a core return, to build, and who for. If the box is address from the package store were lost. With no info in the box package store address has no common link between any parts or invoices we have pending .

When you e-mail more than one time note it in the subject . So we know it is not a copy of a e-mail we have already handled. and please double check e-mail address if a e-mail is not replyed to. There is a chance we did not get it.
If you talk to us don't asume we will remember you or what was said . when your part gets here we always need info enclosed get your parts built and returned per the terms we agreed on.
I am truly sorry for the few that have had problems . For every 1 that had a problem we have had a 98 that went smoothly. we have made changes to improve past problems . Tim [/color][/color]

Volker_P

Postby Volker_P » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:40 am

If you don't have already, something like that might be also included as a "Problems? - click here!" page on your website. :wink:
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

Return to “General Discussion”