it happened quickly

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Vatch

it happened quickly

Postby Vatch » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:36 pm

Well, it happened quickly. My former neighbor who rides an ’81 KZ440 noticed I was trying to sell my ‘99 Drifter. He asked how the CB650 was running, so we looked at it in the garage. I told him what I had done with it and what needed to be done. He took the bike for a ride and liked it, of course. A few days later he stopped by and asked if was going the sell the CB. I said I was planning on making the needed repairs (choke linkage repair, fork spring, gaskets) and keeping it, but that I hadn’t made the repairs over the past year and didn’t know when I would get to them. We had a beer, talked some more, and a deal was struck. Two days ago he stopped by with the money and rode off with the bike. :(

I was sad to see her go, but I know she went to a guy that likes Japanese bikes of that era and will ride and take care of her. I have not had much time to really ride bikes outside of commuting to work, and I have had less time to work on them. The CB needed some attention that I wasn’t giving it. It is funny what a having a baby a year ago can do to a guy’s free time.

I really appreciate all the help and camaraderie I’ve gotten from you guys on this forum, and the SOHC4-forum as well. I’ll miss that and actually owning a bike I could, in theory, disassemble and understand.

Take care and keep the shiny side up,
Vatch
'99 1500 Drifter

Ibsen

Postby Ibsen » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:41 am

And the same to you Vatch, take care. 8)

We will be missing having you around so take your time and drop in from time to time. It's good to hear that the bike have gotten into good hands though. :)

holysmokes

Postby holysmokes » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:02 pm

hope you have passed on this site to him, at least youll be here in sprit

Buber

Postby Buber » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:15 pm

Vatch! You'll be back :wink: Let me tell you a story....

So I bought my CB 650, its 1993. 1995 I'm married with a toddler on the way, and living in apartment without garage, and need to fix the bathroom - so, Honda goes :cry: , but goes to my cousin, on a "family" price, and I know that this is it, because to have a bike, you need a garage, or barn, that means a house, and house for a newlywed in Poland is such a remote dream.... Then, 3 years later I have this good job, we are buying a house (barn is not there yet), and my cousin calls - " i need to buy a car - would you be interested in a bike for "family" price?" And of course I had her back :D :D !!
So, take it easy you never know how the life will go, I'm convinced you will be back! After all, those are such a classy bikes... OK, maybe CBX 1000 is more classy, i admit.... :wink:

Come back one day!

Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:03 pm

Yeah, stick around, Vatch. :wink:
1980 CB650c

Volker_P

Re: it happened quickly

Postby Volker_P » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:18 am

Oh, you can't go for holiday for a week here. :lol:
Reading the headline I assumed something worse and so I am happy nothing happened to you or the bike.
Good to hear your bike is again in good hands and, as already mentioned, not completely out of reach for you.
Have a good time and take care of you, drop in here if you like, we will still remember you as a good mate.

Return to “General Discussion”