CB650Z alternative indicators / turn signals

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

DV-CB

CB650Z alternative indicators / turn signals

Postby DV-CB » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:48 am

Hi, Have tried the search function but could not find info about it. For my CB650Z I am planning to replace the rectangular indicators (turn signals) both forward and aft with circular more classic looking ones. Does someone have info abt which ones the could fit and still look like origin ones. Will the front indicators from the 650 C custom version fit onto the 650 "Z" version mayber? Photos, links, descriptions appreciated.
Attachments
972_1826428777.jpg
972_1826428777.jpg (533.28 KiB) Viewed 11085 times

Volker_P

Re: CB650Z alternative indicators / turn signals

Postby Volker_P » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:21 am

The circular front indicators are mounted in a quite quite different way for the RC05 frames/models. There chromed "sleeves" carry the headlight and turn signals. There are rubber parts that connect them to the fork triangles. For details see parts 14 to 17 in https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda ... front-fork or/and compare to "show it off" pictures of these models here. Quite probably these sleeves will not fit on the Z-model steering stem. Possibly you can make adapters that clip the circular turn signals directly to your fork triangle mounts. I however assume that the stems of the circular turn signals are shorter.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

DV-CB

Postby DV-CB » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:59 am

Thanks for reply. I was not aware of this partzilla site. Earlier I have mostly used CMNSL or David Silver Spares for my honda bikes. On this photo which I borrowed from internet it shows what I am wondering about. If it is the same center distance between the forks, I am wondering if I can replace the entire bracket holding the turn signal lights.
Attachments
046_455457583.jpg
046_455457583.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 11073 times

Volker_P

Postby Volker_P » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:37 am

Sounds like you want to go to a direction like this bike: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15106

I am not sure if the steering stems of RC03 and RC05 frames are the same length. In any case be very careful when you consider to swap CB650 parts of different models and years as often there are tricky details. E.g. the angle for the instruments may be given either at the mounts on the top fork bracket or by the instrument holder. Both flat and both kinked won't work together. Cylinder heads for piston carbs and CV carbs have different intake spacing. Have a close look at the rim of the front fenders in the above pictures. And there are some more examples like that.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

Return to “General Discussion”