My CB650SC Nighthawks

Please post your bike pics here

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

GeorgeSweety

My CB650SC Nighthawks

Postby GeorgeSweety » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:15 am

It occurred to me that I have never posted any pic's of my Nighthawk on this site so I'd better fix that, I haven't got any pic's of my CB650Z but it's not that much to look at just yet!
First up is my US import Nighthawk from 82. Bought as a non runner and fixed up over the next 18 months, it took so long because I was trying to find parts at a reasonable price :roll:
Attachments
nighthawk mot 006.JPG
nighthawk mot 006.JPG (220.35 KiB) Viewed 13275 times
nighthawk first 002.JPG
nighthawk first 002.JPG (178.45 KiB) Viewed 13275 times
Last edited by GeorgeSweety on Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mr_Crow

Re: My CB650SC Nighthawks

Postby Mr_Crow » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:16 am

Pretty darn good looking bike! Made me realize that I need to spend much more time cleaning my nighthawk lol.

GeorgeSweety

Postby GeorgeSweety » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:02 pm

Mr_Crow wrote:Pretty darn good looking bike! Made me realize that I need to spend much more time cleaning my nighthawk lol.

Thanks Mr_Crow :) , the bike was filthy in that pic as I'd just ridden to the MOT centre (UK road worthiness certificate) in a January rain/sleet shower. Cleaning them is all part of the maintenance Mr_Crow, plus you get a good opportunity to really study your new bike.

Efferdy

Postby Efferdy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:31 pm

Great looking Nighthawk one man, nice! The other project looks neat as well.

GeorgeSweety

Postby GeorgeSweety » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:15 am

Efferdy wrote:Great looking Nighthawk one man, nice! The other project looks neat as well.

Thanks Efferdy :D In the UK SOHC Nighthawks are really thin on the ground so finding parts isn't easy, the bikes seem fairly common in the US but the shipping and import duty is usually way more than the cost of the part that's why it takes me so long to restore one.

Efferdy

Postby Efferdy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:18 pm

GeorgeSweety wrote:
Efferdy wrote:Great looking Nighthawk one man, nice! The other project looks neat as well.

Thanks Efferdy :D In the UK SOHC Nighthawks are really thin on the ground so finding parts isn't easy, the bikes seem fairly common in the US but the shipping and import duty is usually way more than the cost of the part that's why it takes me so long to restore one.

That's really the challenging part of the UK owners. But it should worth it nonetheless.

AlexanderEvans

Postby AlexanderEvans » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:57 pm

Efferdy wrote:
GeorgeSweety wrote:

That's really the challenging part of the UK owners. But it should worth it nonetheless.

Hi - I just bought an 84 650SC DOHC. I’m finding parts very difficult to get. Generally my searches return results for the bike you have, the 79-82 model.

Can you point me in the right direction for locating parts, either in the UK or USA?

I’m finding the carb rubber boots impossible to get at the moment.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Show it off”